Following are some of the ROM announcements of general interest:
- Sunday February 5, we will have Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business, following soon after our silent worship concludes; contact Karen P, firstname.lastname@example.org , with any suggestions for agenda items; we will consider a draft of the annual State of the Meeting report, as well as the latest Treasurer’s report; the latter is available on the Business Records Page of this website;
- Paul H advises us that it is time for all interested members and attenders to sign up for new Spiritual Friendship Circles (and therefore bring to a close those that have been meeting over the past year); most have found that these Circles help deepen our social and spiritual awareness of others in our faith community, in a safe and loving space; sign-up forms are available at the Meetinghouse or upon request to Paul;
- There is a Couples Enrichment Retreat being offered by Mike and Marsha Green of Durham Meeting. The retreat will take place February 10-12 in Hickory, NC. Go to this link for a copy of the flyer for more information: https://friendscoupleenrichment.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/retreat-flyer-for-feb-2017.pdf
- The Women’s Dinner Group will be meeting on Tuesday, February 14 at 6:15 p.m. at Chifferobe, 132 Cherry Street, Black Mountain. Contact Stephanie at email@example.com to let her know if you will be joining the group and to let her know if you would like for her to order a dinner for you.
- A group interested in helping local faith communities to create Sanctuary Spaces will meet on February 19, at 2 PM, at St. Eugene’s Church, 72 Culvern Street, Asheville;
- Evie H reminds us of two Friday movie nights that are planned in preparation of the April 21-22 workshop on Doctrine of Discovery, to be led by Mark Charles: February 24 and March 24; both start at 7 PM; you may contact Evie, firstname.lastname@example.org , for more details;
- Southern Appalachian Yearly Meeting is asking for proposals for workshops to be presented at the yearly gathering at Warren Wilson College Friday, June 16 and Saturday, June 17. The theme for this year is Weaving Our World Together: Lifting Up Racial Justice. The deadline for receiving proposals is February 28. Go to www.sayma.org and click on ‘Yearly Meeting Call for Workshop Proposals, to submit a proposal;
- Friends Music Camp, a Quaker-run music camp which takes place at Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana is actively seeking campers for this summer. FMC is open to campers from 10 to 18 years old at all music levels. For more information go to www.friendsmusiccamp.org
- Karen P advises that the Meetinghouse Yard Sale is scheduled for Saturday, May 6; volunteers are needed for set-up the prior day, for cashier shifts, and for clean up at the end of the day; you may contact her for questions.
We feel full of the Spirit with all of these activities of our wider Quaker community; we are also thankful for the many new visitors to our Worship, of all ages and backgrounds — they help strengthen the Light that shines through our Meetinghouse. Welcome.